Save the Ozarks is sponsoring a community celebration of the successful, 21-month struggle to stop SWEPCO from building a 50-mile, 345 kV transmission line across Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri.
The celebration will take place on Sunday, Jan. 11, at the Inn of the Ozarks Convention Center, 207 West Van Buren, in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Doors open at 2:30 pm and the program begins at 3:00 pm and closes at 5:00 pm.
Mike Bishop, President of the Greater Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce, will act as Master of Ceremonies. The program will begin with opening remarks by Robert “Butch” Berry, Mayor of Eureka Springs, who will proclaim April 3 as Save the Ozarks Day. Members of the Save the Ozarks Board will make brief statements and then social time will commence.
- Save the Ozarks will have a celebratory cake to share with everyone.
- The Inn of the Ozarks will provide tea, coffee, and water.
- There will be a cash bar.
- An hors d’oeuvres table will be available for those who want to bring finger foods. (There will be no capacity to keep foods cold or warm).
- All STO t-shirts will be available for a minimum donation of $5.00 each to Save the Ozarks.